Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Can I pass this off as a science project?

When did I become such a dust collector?

I used to always have a lady come in once a week to clean.  A couple years ago, I had to end that luxury.  

When my children were younger, my yea, I know I always refer to this OCD thing  OCD was always on overload.   After their bath and bedtime, I kicked into high gear.  It wasn't an oddity for me to begin major housework at 11:00 PM and working until 2 or 3 in the morning. Saturdays were always a cleaning day ... all day.

*Julie, I remember you and Janet sipping drinks on the deck watching your kids swim and laughing at me for being inside cleaning the window tracks in Caitlin's room with Q-tips*

Once they were older, I began having someone come in and clean.  I totally forgot what a cleaning routine was all about.

It's been a couple years since I quit having someone come it. In those couple years, I've let the cleaning part of my OCD cliff dive slip and I've become more of a lick-and-a-promise cleaner.


Sure, at first glance things look okay, just don't move anything, the layer of dust will be revealed.  My kitchen cupboards still suffer from my compulsion to have things neat and in order ... but those perfectly aligned items on all the top shelves? ..... loaded with dust!

I blame it on my failing eye sight. *And by eye, I mean one eye, remember, I only have vision in one eye ... and it's showing it's age!

The other day, I had my mega magnifying reading glasses on as I was walking through the house.  YIKES !!

Do NOT ever wear your reading glasses while walking through your house.

I'd like to hire a cleaning lady again, but now I'd have to clean before I'd even let someone come in to clean! Seriously, I think it would be easier to move.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

LOL!!! I'd say it's a science project and be done with it. As for it being easier to just move -- only if you pack your bags and go, leaving everything behind and no forwarding address!!! :)

Angel said...

HAHAHAHA! I always think I would LOVE to have a cleaning lady...but, like you, I'd have to clean first, cuz I'd be MORTIFIED to have someone see my house!