Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Noodle Drop Time! *gasp*

Noodle Dropping is in the quirky trivial BS category, v.s. Brain Dumping ... which is more a therapeutic cleansing of my brain. Just thought I'd explain the difference ;)

Things that rolled around my noodle recently that made me smirk, chuckle, scratch mah head thinking WTF? ... or made me do some soul searching:

Am I a bad mother because I woke up to the sound of my son barfing and thought, 'Shit, I'm going to have to clear the snow off my car this morning." *gasp* ... But just for a split second!


The joy of wearing my favorite jeans again was overshadowed by the knowledge I haven't worn them in over a year because they were too BIG *gasp* ... I started my dieting again.


After working with a guy for over 13 years, I just found out his ex-wife is a childhood friend of mine *gasp* ... She wants to friend me on FB, which links to this blog, where not-so-nice posts of said co-worker have been published!


Cabo San Lucus and The Keys Florida are so yesterday *gasp* ... Don and I are talking about our next plan, hopefully a permanent 70'+ temps 12 months out of the year!

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West~

9 comments:

linda in c-town said...

If you move away from Michigan I will be so very very sad, but on the bright side I'll have some place warm to visit !!!

Sherry said...

Now why does it not surprise me that you and Don are thinking that the next "plan" is permanent to somewhere that the temps are more conducive to the lifestyle you love?? Makes absolutely perfect sense to me. Go for it. You live but once.

As for your childhood friend...now THAT is karma!!! Or Murphy's Law or just plain unbelieveable!!! lol!!! (I happen to remember many of those posts!!! hee!!)

Bruce Johnson said...

After working with a guy for over 13 years, I just found out his ex-wife is a childhood friend of mine *gasp* ... She wants to friend me on FB, which links to this blog, where not-so-nice posts of said co-worker have been published!....I bet a lot of relationships / friendships are destroyed by Facebook every day.

Nancy said...

Bruce: I read that FB is brought up as evidence in more divorce hearings lately!

I'd like to think my posts were veiled, but wait ... I used his real name.

I suppose since she left him, she just may "get" what I was posting about ... but why poke a hornet nest ... his last day of work is tomorrow, he's retired! (yeah)

Slyde said...

hi there.. new reader here. love the blog!

i just have to say i love those fishing pictures... a few years ago i could some of those off the coast of key west.. was tons of fun :)

Ree said...

Poor Bryan! Hope he's feeling better.

And yea, I quite Facebook for good because I was afraid something like that would happen.

sgk213 said...

I'm all for moving to a warm climate. The older I get the less I can stand this cold. Not that I can get out in it right now. LOL
The Keys would never be a choice of mine. Too many homeless people sleeping on the beaches. But Cabo that is a totally different story. I would move there in a minute.

zelzee said...

I am just impressed that your son cleans your car off!

And don't even talk to me about fitting in 'fat' jeans!!!

sigh..............

Anonymous said...

When you find the right "someplace warm" to live in year 'round, let me know... Doug and I have been pipe dreaming about this for the past couple of years. Once we get our old folks taken care of, I think we'll be heading outta here, at least during the winter months!

And as for FB. It can be dicey, and I have realized, too late sometimes, that you really have to (a) be careful of who you friend, or, (b) avoid posting anything too personal or political. :-)