Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust

Immaculee Ilibagiza

I have been anticipating Immaculee Ilibagiza coming to my church to speak. In sharing her story of how she survived the Rwanda genocide and found God during her three months in hiding, in a 3' x 4' bathroom with seven other women, I sat there dumbfounded, choked-up, and amazed at this woman. She was just a college student when this happened.

It starts with her video diary to give you some background information. Her actual talk is so interesting and amazing. It's hard to imagine this just happened in 1994.

I am ashamed to think when this was going on, it was just a blurb in the evening news to me. I never really gave it much thought.

If you listen to her whole story, especially the chain events that happened after her 3 months in the bathroom, you will understand why she believes God has a plan for her and is still helping her deliver it. I bought her book Left to Tell, the detailed story of her experience. Here is the link:

Immaculee Ilibagiza at Kensington Community Church 09/05/2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new look. Sorry I missed Imaculee.

Nancy said...

sgk: I'm glad Kensington posted her talk on their site so I could link to it.

My new look, is also the new colors I am painting my living room *gasp* you know me, cream, whites, and beige ...
I decided if I can't sell the house, every room will be a color, no more "neutrals for resale." LOL

Joan said...

great story, I will have to read more.

Pink said...

so much of what is happening is just a blurb on the daily news...its hard to get our attention if the press doesn't care.
xx
pinks