Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

Celebrate today... Cinco de Mayo.

Okay, so it's just the Mexican communities in America that celebrate this day, but what the heck, any excuse for a night of margaritas and fun .... right?


I lived in Mexico for about a year, right out of high school and I don't remember Mexico making such an elaborate celebration holiday out of May 5th.

Then again, living in Mexico in the early 70's ... I don't remember much about anything. Well, except everything was won.der.ful. and beau.ti.ful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Strawberry Fields 4-ever

Nancy said...

or was Mush.room Fields 4-ever, lol

Dixie said...

teeheehee! You naughty girl you!

Michael said...

I take it this wasn't a study abroad experience.

Joan said...

I've only been to Mexico once. Anyway, we had tacos for dinner Saturday night. A margarita experience is still fresh in my mind so I had beer.