Pages

Friday, March 2, 2007

Prince

I have always been a Prince fan (maybe not as much as my nephew Patrick). I had no doubt he would out perform any expectation during the Super Bowl half time. I didn't want to write about him after the Super Bowl because everyone was and it was only about the "shadows." People missed the magic of his music while looking for the controversies. I just read this months Rolling Stone article on it and was pleased none of the sort was mentioned, thanks RS.

His eccentric life is off set by his electric mind. Some may not appreciate Prince as he presents himself, but may unknowingly like, sing along to, and have bought songs that he has written and composed for others. Nothing Compares To You, Sinead O'conner, Manic Monday, The Bangles, Tom Jones recorded Prince's song Kiss and most recent, music for the Batman and Happy Feet movies.

I am playing a Prince CD as I type and one of my favorite just started ... his cover of Along the Watchtower.

0 comments: